Monday, November 22, 2010

METALEPSIA, Self-Titled (Self-Released, 2010)

A couple of weeks ago I received an e-mail from this Argentinian band. They are called Metalepsia. Maybe that's why I actually stopped, read thru the message and proceeded to download their record. Then, I made a post.

Unlike most bands that write me, they weren't asking for a review, they just wanted me to post their album in my spanish blog Discos Inauditos.  Which I did after I checked out their MySpace page and listened to the whole recording once.

The black and white cover artwork says it all. Metalepsia mix and match punk and metal. Which is pretty similar to saying that they play some kind of crossover. They kind of sound like Inepsy and Abigail. Check the dudes on the cover. They are both in shape. They are both obviously into alcohol. One is long-haired and bearded while the other sports a large mohawk. Both share the same symbol in their attire. If you have time, check out the MySpace page for Metalepsia. There we will learn that the scene they dwell in contains equal parts of punkers and metalheads and this is a move this band is backing. There, you will also learn that vocalist  Facundo seems to only own one t-shirt. Venom.

((Metalepsia))

No comments: