Sunday, June 19, 2011

SETH PUTNAM, Yes He Died

Anyway, this guy is dead. Arkus sent me an e-mail to inform me last week, but I didn't bother to make a post.I thought he was going to take the post, but he didn't. I just checked other blogs and zines and everyone was posting the same kind of 'blurb'; yeah he pissed a lot of people off and blah, blah and he abused his body and blah blah, and some big beefcakes liked his stuff and collaborated with him and blah blah, and he was on a wheelchair and blah blah and now he is dead.

It's a shame when someone dies, especially when that someone is fairly young. Looking at the pic on the left I assume Seth was in his early 40's maybe? Not sure. I won't bother to look that up. Not now. He is gone and it doesn't matter. And reading through some of those posts last week it sounded like he was looking for it and he finally got it. Dare we say, he succeeded?

Anyway, Putnam had his schtick and it stuck enough for some decent labels to release his garbage. I can count myself among the suckers. I own 40 More Reasons to Hate Us and consider it to be a total piece of shit of a recording. And I guess I should say that it is very very gay.

After I got the e-mail from Arkus I shot something back, maybe something snidey and Arkus replied that he liked Anal Cunt's early stuff. I wasn't even sure there was early material, or actually, I didn't know there was a difference between his early and his late Anal Cunt stuff. All I heard sounded like shit, and that stuck. Still, it's a shame that he is gone...I guess...I didn't know the guy...personally.

No comments: