Wednesday, December 12, 2012

DECIBEL Top 40 of 2012 by RECORD LABEL

A few months ago I cancelled my subscription to Decibel Magazine. It was partly because of the lackluster content (the excessive coverage to totally shitty bands) and partly because there were two months when the magazine did not arrive.

Since, I have bought the magazine occasionally and I actually just purchased the issue with the Top 40 of 2012, especially because of the induction of Sarcofago's I.N.R.I. into the Decibel Hall of Fame. The article is great, what's not so great is the inclusion of bands like August Burns Red and the Top 40 itself, which includes some obvious and deserving ones, alongside others that really just seem to make the cut because they either know people or are released by the right label.

The following is the main reason why I don't subscribe to the mag anymore:

Relapse 5
Nuclear Blast 5
Century Media 4
Season of Mist 2
Profound Lore 2
Metal Blade 2
Roadrunner 1
Neurot 1
Epitaph 1
Debemur Morti 1
Eone 1
Young God 1
Dark Descent 1
Spinefarm 1
No Sleep 1
Hydra Head 1
Prosthetic 1
20 Buck Spin 1
Tee Pee 1
Listenable 1
Handmade Birds 1
Self-Released 1
Inside Out 1
Seventh Rule 1
Lupus Lounge 1
Black Market Activities 1

2 comments:

The Path Less Traveled Records said...

I've had multiple issues arrive extremely late or not at all. They have made good on it, but I shouldn't have to e-mail multiple people to get a response and then they act as if I'm bothering them. It's quite sad. It used to be the day of the month I looked forward to for the mail. Not anymore.

ignacio brown said...

no shit, same here, i'd call they'd act all bothered and be like, why don't you wait till the 31st? is like, what?????