Monday, January 2, 2012

THE STIFFS - Innocent Bystander


Just got this strange message. Not sure if it is spam or the guy just had the wrong address. The remittent is named Chris Brown. Not that Chris Brown.

Hey,

My name is Chris Brown, and I recorded that demo at RPM Studios in Philadelphia circa 1991-92. It's stuck out in my mind for all these years, and I've wondered(more than a few times), "What happened to those guys and those songs?". I just found you now, because I've been listening to a bunch of punk music and was telling my girl about this band called The Stiffs. I only remembered the Bored Stiff song... finally remembered the Cry Baby song. The two songs found me you. After finding the list of songs I remembered Awake at the Wake. I loved the enthusiasm, and said "earnest" attitude toward getting the songs recorded. Anyway, it's good to see that you didn't stay in Phila and expanded. I would like to have a copy of those songs if it's possible. Good times!

CB Happy 2012!!


No comments: