Thursday, December 1, 2011

What the Hell CM DISTRO!!! 2 Weeks for Delivery

So I was listening to the new Raw Radar War seven inch the other day, and the voice of Jonah Jenkins got me thinking about how much I love Only Living Witness. I remembered that during an interview I did with him about two years ago he mentioned that the remastered version of Innocents sounded great. This, of course, after I complained about the audio quality, which ruined what to me is one of the best heavy records of all time.

So I went online to see if I could find a cheap copy of the remasters and I ended up in CM Distro,  the large distribution arm of Century Media Records. They were selling it for $5.00, a great price if you consider that the remasters include OLW's first album Prone Mortal Form as well, another fucking jewel in my book. So I didn't hesitate and bought it. Had to register actually, and by the late 90's design of the webstore I just hoped they didn't get hacked and with that my credit card number stolen.

When I got the e-mail confirmation I realized that shipping was actually more than the price I paid for the CD, but that's OK. $10.25, pricey, especially these days but what the hell.

Item Details

ITEM NAMETYPEQTYPRICETOTAL
Only Living Witness - Prone Mortal Form/Innocents (Reissue)CD1$5.00$5.00
Subtotal: $5.00
Tax: $0.00
Shipping: $5.25
Total: $10.25
What pissed me off was that five days later I got an e-mail with an order update saying that it would take up to two weeks of delivery. Two fucking weeks = 14 days. I placed my order on 11/18 and still I have not received anything.

Assuming I do get the CD in two weeks, the question remains, I paid $5.25 in shipping and is taking about fourteen days? What the fuck? Who is delivering this shit? A legless man? Are they fucking walking all the way from California to Florida?

2 comments:

The Path Less Traveled Records said...

To ship 1 CD costs about $1. For $5 shipping it should be there in at least 3 days. I'd ask for a refund on the shipping.

ignacio brown said...

yep, fuck 'em. never buying from that distro again.