Monday, October 4, 2010

BASTARDOS - Argentine Thrash Metal for Free

God damn Argentina I love your sausage. And your skirt steak. And whatever that fuck it is that well-sliced cows are made of. I do not know what is it that you feed those mammals but everytime I try some of that delish meat at the Argentinean grill by my house I feel like moving to Buenos Aires and exchanging my thrash metal jeans for some elastic-waist shorts. This way, as I get fat from eating so much steak I would not feel the guilt bulging up my stomach.

And I love the way your players move their feet. They are magicians of the soccer ball, wicked humans of the greatest, grandest, most popular sport in the motherfucking world. And in Latin America, your pop rock rules. At least it did in the 80's. Mexicans have great tacos but no one eats tacos in South America. No, because in South America people eat meat. Lots of meat and far less cheese and beans. And in South America people eat real ceviche and shit. But if you feel like meat, you might hit either a Brazilian grill for some obscene amounts of food via rodizio or an Argentinean steak house. But yeah, as I was saying, Mexican pop sucks chupacabra balls but Argentinean pop was kinda cool. It ruled for a little bit.

And metal-speaking, well there were a couple of chilean bands in the 90's that did OK, which some Americans may feel are interchangeable for Argentinean bands because in American schools they lost their maps of way the fuck down south of the border. There was Pentagram in the 80's, who just played some shows in England and then there was Atomic Aggressor and Sadism, and to the right, which is Argentina, there was Vibrion and in the 80's there was Hermetica and V8 and a few others. Rata Blanca was a bit too on the cheesy side and I tend to not fuck with that.

Anyway, Bastardos come from Buenos Aires, which some people say is the Paris of South America and which my girlfriend confirmed as she was visiting a few weeks back. By the way, she scored a couple of Pappo's Blues vinyl records. I nearly cried when I saw them. Beautiful music. So yeah, there was metal and there was good Argentinean extreme metal and then in the 70's there was Pappo's Blues, the hardest working most badass guitarist to ever come out of the region.  Back to Bastardos - oh yeah, they play thrash. Plain and simple, and I say that because they play it plain and also simple. Also, they are looking for a drummer so if anyone feels like moving to Buenos Aires to hang out among beuatiful women, awesome steaks, good pasta and a-ok thrash metal, you might want to give these boys a try.

After downloading their three-song recording pay them a visit below  http://www.myspace.com/bastardosthrash



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

terrific, thanks!

Anonymous said...

Is Bigfoot Actual or make-believe? For around four hundred a long time, there have been reporting’s of a man like creature that may be fully coated in hair.
[url=http://www.is-bigfoot-real.com/]bigfoot sightings[/url]