Saturday, January 22, 2011

PLAKKAGIO HC - Italian Hardcore for FREE

Motherfuckers still making heavy use of their MySpace pages have to be careful. When I visited the page for Italian hardcore band Plakkaggio HC, some cheesy ass R&B started playing automatically. A smooth sexy voice went like, '1,2,3,4,5,6,7....' and then it got more explicit about sucking toes and shit.  For a few good seconds I thought these bambinos were being funny and that shit was just the ironic intro to their rage. I hit refresh and again.

At a third refresh a reggae song started. And not like the good kind of reggae, you know like Studio 1 production with its rustic sounds, odd kinda psyche effects and smoked out vocals, but that crap ass style with auto tune voices, keyboards imitating guitars and tiny little baby drums. Some pretty silly shit, let me tell you. Look for the player in the page and it is impossible to find. Not sure what is really going on with MySpace, but they really fucked it up this time around. 

Anyway, this morning I got an e-mail from Chris who is part of the Italian hardcore band Plakkaggio HC. He was looking for come coverage and was wondering if he could send me a link. It's funny when bands offer a link and then as an incentive mention that the link includes cover, lyrics, liner notes and shit. Like that makes a difference. He also mentioned that he could not send me a physical copy (which is a requirement to receive a review in Deaf Sparrow) because their latest album Fronte del Sacco, released in 2009, is already sold out. I asked him if we could post it for free and he agreed. He even sent me a link to their previous record Il Nemico, which dates from 2007, and is also sold out.

So here they are. Let me know if you like them. Italian hardcore. For free. No guilt. 


Download this other one here...

No comments: